In an email I received from a friend this morning, was a little sign off:
be cute x
So the email… ‘be cute’. Two words. And one only two letters. But with so much packed in it…
BE. It’s a command… and it’s also a word I totally love.
It’s better than doing I think. People can DO good, and still BE crappy people. But when you BE a good person, you can’t help but DO good stuff. (I know, tops grammar and all!)
Being is a ‘doing’ word! Funnily enough. We have to ‘DO’ being. Get it? (laugh with me at the irony)
It’s active. And I like that. It’s totally a choice.
“BE cute”. Don’t just ‘do’ cute. BE it. Live it. Embrace it. Let it consume you.
Now, cute is just a fluffy fun word. But the concept applies across all the great stuff too…
- BE generous. Live it. Embrace it. Let it consume you.
- BE kind. As in, live out kindness. Don’t just go ‘do’ a kind thing. (don’t get me wrong, you SHOULD go do kind things! But when you’re BEING kindness, you’ll be DOING kindess all the time…)
- BE real… there’s a big one…
- BE strong
- BE vulnerable
- BE slow to speak and quick to listen
- BE (insert whatever is appropriate here for you)
I’m off. To be. And to do being.
do be do be do…